Friday, December 14, 2012

12/14/2012





"A gunman killed 26 people, 20 of them children between the ages of 5 and 10, in a shooting on Friday morning at an elementary school in Newtown, Conn., about 65 miles northeast of New York City, the authorities said.


The mass shooting is among the worst in the nation’s history.
“The majority of those who died today were children, beautiful little kids between the ages of 5 and 10 years old,” a visibly distraught President Obama said during a nationally televised address Friday afternoon"

I don't go preaching anything to anyone I have my belief's & you have yours. I believe that you can still talk to a love one that has passed. I believe that anything is possible. I haven't been to church since I was a teenager. When I lost my Dad that's when I really quit religion, but not Faith I have tons of that.  And this latest gruesome event has throw me for a loop.
Killing, in general is horrible but the  killing of  little children breaks my heart. My heart goes out to all of the Families who lost a loved one today. So here we go a Prayer for all the ones we lost today and the ones in the past that will never be forgotten.
Gracious and loving God,
you watch the ways of all of us
and the utter destruction of which our hands are capable – over and over again.

We implore you to weave goodness and grace
In the lives of those destroyed by senseless violence.

Surround those whose lives are shattered
with a sense of your present love.
Wrap them in the worn quilt of your compassion.
Though they are lost in grief,
May they find you and be comforted.

Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment