Monday, November 26, 2012

So its really almost Christmas Time?






Really come on I feel like Halloween Just happened ok, actually it just did and now Thanksgiving is over too. wow can we just stop spinning I swear we are on a high speed roller coaster. And if I start seeing things for Valentines I will stop and Scream in the Damn Store..

  •  Christmas Facts Every year more than 400 million people celebrate Xmas around the world -- that makes Xmas one of the world’s biggest religious and commercial festivities. 
  • In approximately year 300 A.D., the birthday of Jesus was determined to be on December 25, the day that has been celebrated from then till this very day.
  •  The celebration on the 25th of December starts with Christmas Eve, the evening of December 24. The religious festival is originally a blend of pagan customs.
  • The Romans held a festival on December 25 called Dies Natalis Solis Invicti, i.e. "the birthday of the unconquered sun.".
  •  Pagan Scandinavia celebrated a winter festival called Yule, held in late December to early January. However, it is uncertain exactly why December 25 became associated with the birth of Jesus since the Old Testament doesn't mention a specific date of the event.
holiday is a day designated as having special significance for which individuals, a government, or a religious group have deemed that observance is warranted. It is generally an official (more common) or unofficial observance of religious, national, or cultural significance, often accompanied by celebrations or festivities


  For me Christmas means Family time, but nowadays that isn't always the image I get or have.
I remember we didn't have a week off for Thanksgiving we got out for 3days that was it. 
And Christmas break was longer. But I always had my family Mom yelling she is out of something and dad asking me if I wanted to venture out to the store with him to help elbow my way through the store.

tradition is a ritualbelief or object passed down within a society, also a basical character of a society still maintained in the present, with origins in the past

I guess what I'm really thinking about is Family, I come from a huge family were holidays are together. where all the cousin's get together and Aunts and Uncles you haven't seen in ages. Then once the food was done, some one pulls out the cards and yells Nickles. Us kids would watch the grownup play cards for hours. I miss that I miss Hearing my dad laugh and Grandma yelling at us kids for interrupting the game. Yea thats what I miss my Dad and Grandma everyone that has left us. 
So I'm leaving this post at that. I know confusing but hey its one of those damn days! I hope you get the point though,

No comments:

Post a Comment